Austin, Texas, / January 11, 2022 – 2021 was a year marked by growth and accomplishment for Fetii, the new Austin-based rideshare app that transports groups using 15-passenger vans and shuttle buses.
Fetii works similar to Uber and Lyft in that it allows users to hail a vehicle on-demand using an app, the difference though comes in their vehicle supply and group-centric technology features. Using a network of 15-passenger vans and buses, Fetii lets groups ride together to get from point A to point B.
“Whether it be a night out with friends or a special corporate event, groups currently have two options,” says CEO Matthew Iommi, “they either have to take multiple vehicles or reserve a charter vehicle days in advance. Fetii changes that.”
The group rideshare app operates currently in Austin and College Station and has become the next big thing, especially within the Gen Z population.
Iommi says that right now 80% of their users are Gen Z, primarily the University of Texas and Texas A&M students, who find themselves going out in groups multiple times a week. The other 20% consists of older groups and corporations who hold events for their employees.
Despite COVID-19 headwinds, Fetii proved its utility in 2021. The rideshare app officially launched in Austin in September 2021 and immediately saw the same success it had seen in College Station a year prior.
In 2021 the group rideshare company offset more than 200,000 metric tons of carbon emissions, conducted 21,556 trips, and safely transported 167,954 passengers, resulting in triple-digit year-over-year revenue growth. In 2022, Fetii aims to expand into new Texas markets as it looks to fulfill its mission of “changing how the world moves”.
“We’ve created a much-needed service that not only transports groups where they need to go, but creates an experience in itself. You get to ride together with your peers, play your music, and make great memories,” Iommi states.[Image: Fetii]
Fetii incorporates new technologies and processes that are specifically tailored to the group experience. For example, the platform utilizes a QR code check-in system that seamlessly splits payment amongst the group.
“When a Fetii vehicle arrives, users scan a QR code on the vehicle that checks them in and charges their fare,” explained CTO Justin Rath, “this allows each passenger to pay individually and makes it unnecessary for the booker to cover the fare for the entire group”.
Fetii entered the rideshare market by addressing a key complaint that the marketplace had. How to efficiently and conveniently transport large groups. Now it aims to bring its solution to every city in the country.
Interested in getting involved with Fetii? Check out fetii.com for more information.